Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hunting Season

It's that time of year again! I was unsuccessful at getting a tag this year, but Jacob got an archery tag for the area our property is on. So this last weekend we all went camping! And after 7 years of owning this property I finally made it up there to see it!

It was so pretty at the property, but man was it so cold! I didn't enjoy camping this time around, it is so hard with kids; especially with a baby! Poor Jeremiah was so cold at night, we ended up sleeping in the truck. I turned the heater on every 30 minutes to let him warm up, then I held him the entire night. Needless to say I got only 2 hours total sleep the first night. It was so cold and windy, the thermometer read 35 degrees....nice.

The next day was beautiful, if the sun stayed out from behind the clouds. All and all the camping part was stressful. The next night was a little better, I think he was just exhausted and didn't care to be cold. I just kept blankets on him, and he had 2 layers of clothing, plus two beanies. If I would of known it was going to be that cold, I would of stayed home.

I am excited to say that Jacob got his deer though! I was so thrilled and shocked that he was the one and only who got a deer that weekend. Not saying he is a bad hunter, his brother and cousin are usually the lucky ones who see them first, then shoot them. I do believe this deer will be staying in our house for years to come...at least the horns. Yeah...

I am just glad to be back in the warm country, and in my house! With running water, bathrooms, and my very own comfy bed!

Here are some pictures we snapped while we weren't freezing our booty's off!
Here's Aiden...up to all sorts of mischievous stuff!

Here is Amiah and Aleecia on the bridge that goes across a little creek in our campsite.

Here is my niece Gabi snoozing away snuggled up with Eva!

Here's Jeremiah swinging in his swing, while Victoria reads and Aleecia entertains Jeremiah.

Here's Amiah and Aiden getting ready to go for a ride with Big Duane on the Arctic Cat. They loved this one, cause they were warmer on it, rather then on the four wheelers.

Here's Little Duane holding Jeremiah getting ready to take him on a little cruise! It must be a guy thing, cause Jeremiah was drawn to those four wheelers...he would sit on them, and just rock back and forth...it was so cute.
Here is me and Jer-Bear sitting on the Arctic Cat.
And finally the "Mighty Hunter" and his Buck!
ps...I did this one in black and white...there was a lot of blood...LOL

1 comment:

Gloria said...

congrads on the meat...will you do jerky? Need to get a portable heater... ha...