Thursday, August 6, 2009

Swimming Lessons

I decided to finally put my kid's in swimming lessons before the summer gets over. I signed them in the same class in a preschool level. It was their first class ever, so it was a good one...at least I thought at first.

The first week went great, they kind of what they were told, and they were very eager to participate during lessons...until they ended up having a sub for the first part of the second week. Then it was all down hill for Aiden from then on.

He got dunked by the teacher for not following orders. I didn't mind it at all, he needs to do what they are telling him, and if he doesn't do it right, then down he went! Well, apparently that wasn't fun at all for Aiden, and the rest of the week he screamed either at the top of his lungs, or refused to even get in the water.

Good thing we have a pool at home. I have been working with him, and he is doing so much better, he isn't afraid of the water anymore. He loves going under water, I make him plug his nose, and we count to three and we both go under. It is fun!

Amiah did alright in the class, she did get dunked as well. But she wasn't scared to get back in the water. She actually listened more as the days went on, so it was a good thing for her.

Next year, I am going to put them in the preschool level again at the beginning of the summer, then make them repeat it the next month. I hope it helps!

I love the water, and I want them to love it too, and not be scared, but have fun in it!

No comments: