Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Car Wash? Uh...no thanks - Never Again!

So last night, I went to Vegas to run some errands by myself, saving me the hassle of dealing with 3 kids in the stores. I was enjoying my evening just taking my time, the quietness, and shopping of course. Well it was getting late, so I really needed to get home. I thought I better fill up on some gas,but hey, why not I wash my car while I was there. My kids are afraid of those automatic car washes, so I don't get to go to them that often, so it was going to be a nice little treat for me and my car.

It's one of those kind where you have to put your car in neutral, and the railing takes your car through it, you just sit there and enjoy the ride...Right?
My car just started getting soapy, and then all the sudden, my car decides it's done, and wants to get off the railing! It goes up over the left rail, and gets stuck! I tried going in Drive to steer it out, nothing...I tried reverse...nothing! I am thinking...Great! Now what? I am stuck in this freaking car wash...it is 10 p.m at night, my husband is going to kill me! I get out, lock it up, and going inside the little gas station. The cashiers, are probably thinking...stupid woman drivers! They tried to help me out, nothing...so they said to me, "It's all you now, you either need to call someone with a big truck or a tow truck, but you need to get your car out!" Really? I don't know of anyone with a big truck that was near me, plus it was like 10:30 now, everyone is in bed...so I called a tow truck, and he saved the day!
Thank goodness nothing was wrong with the car, or tires...everything was fine. Paid my $77 dollars, and then 45 minutes later, I was on my way home.

I think I will be washing my car at home for now on...I am truly traumatized!

No comments: